Gowns for Rent Manila (GFR Manila)
Gowns for Rent Manila by Damsel has over 240,000 followers on Facebook and still growing. It is the first-ever best-rated bridal and couture shop. It is now considered the biggest and most extensive one-stop rental shop in Metro Manila with over 5,000 various items and designs.
Makati Cinema Square
Chino Roces Avenue, Brgy. Pio del Pilar
Makati City, 1231, Metro Manila
(+632) 403-9507 / (+63939) 927-8311
VISION To be the formal events rental solutions provider of choice in the markets we serve.
We want to be the Indispensable Partner in the markets we serve by:
- Building our service network in high volume, high visibility, high growth / preferred marketing platforms aggressively and efficiently;
- Strengthening our bridal rental package offering through ‘wearable, popular and likeable’ designs as a result of thorough consumer preference analytics
- Providing quality designs, products and reliable services to all our customers all the time
- Building a globally competitive social enterprise that will deliver inclusive growth to the indigenous fashion industry
- Developing, introducing and strongly executing new designs that will maximize ‘saleability’
- Breaking paths in new designs and providing high quality rental gowns for better Visual Manifestation at the point of sale facility
- Aggressively implementing market-focused brand, promo activities and incentive programs for customers; and measuring performance
- Developing, motivating and inspiring local talents to promote creativity and professionalism
- Adding value to our principals through excellence in everything that we do
- Ready to rent
- Made to Rent
- Made to Order
- Alteration and repair
- Reconstruction of old gowns
- Dry clean and press
In February 2016, GFR Manila flourished in the rental business and reached even the wedding industry, owing to its reasonable rental prices and superb customer assistance. The business continues to grow today, even outnumbering the customers of the original Damsel that showcased bags and apparel. GFR Manila’s impressive growth compelled Dada to narrow down her niche market to customers who need proper attires for formal events.
In December 2014, Dada revamped her business model to make room for Gowns for Rent Manila (GFR Manila), a gown rental business which she managed to run alongside her original Damsel shop.
It all started in 2010 when lawyer-turned-fashion-designer Ms. Dada Arquillo created a small fashion shop in Manila to veer from the stress of her legal career. She called it Damsel – the embodiment of her love for design. Her four-square-meter shop initially sold unique apparel and bags to fashion enthusiasts at bazaars.